To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Proverbs 8:13
No sin is small. I think in all of our minds there is a sin meter...well we have got to get rid of that. Saying things you shouldn't be saying is the same thing as stealing...a sin is a sin. Let's get rid of that meter and know that no matter what we do wrong it's a sin and we need to talk to God about it!
I think we get caught up in comparing our sins to other people so we can pat ourselves on the back. If you get a six-year-old to draw a line on a board, and you draw a line next to it, you could probably step back and see how good your line looks compared to the child's attempt. But have someone draw a line with a ruler next to yours, and you immediately notice all the imperfections that your line contains.
ReplyDelete