Thursday, January 13, 2011

Helping others..

Luke 12:16-19
          Then he told them this story: "The farm of a certain rich man produced a terrific crop.  He talked to himself: 'What can I do?  My barn isn't big enough for this harvest.'  Then he said, 'Here's what I'll do: I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones.  Then I'll gather in all my grain and goods, and I'll say to myself, Self, you've done well!  You've got it made and can now retire.  Take it easy and have the time of your life!'
          "Just then God showed up and said, "Fool! Tonight you die.  And your barnful of goods                who gets it?
           "That's what happens when you fill your barn with Self and not with God."

This is a perfect story for the times that we live in today.  We are so greedy, we only  care about getting to the top and we don't care about helping others get to the top too.  However I know that times are tough and money is slim but don't you know that God always provides! If he sees that you are giving and doing, he will always step in and provide you with more to give.  For example; We are know for feeding people.  This is my main  way of giving to others.  We open up our home and feed tons of people every month!  I love to have others around my dinner table.  But guess what I never buy anymore than I would normally buy.  When I go shopping I buy enough to feed four.  But I always have enough food to feed an army.  God has provided me with this. 
We shouldn't just take care of ourselves, we need to open our doors, hearts and wallets to others in need.  Who can you help out??

No comments:

Post a Comment