Yesterday we gave the neighborhood boys all a Christmas present! I wish you could have seen their faces! Two of them got scooters and the other boy got Hot Wheel track set. These kids have it pretty rough. But when they found out that we had a gift for them, their eyes just lit up! One of the boys, didn't want to mess up the paper and another just kept telling us thank you! My eyes and heart just hurt yesterday, for I know that they might not get anything else this Christmas. They left and a couple of hours later, one of the boys came back to the house and gave us this really gross little chair. I mean dirty.. I said hey what is this for? He said "I got it for Riley. I went through the dumpster to find you something but all I could find was Riley something." The boy has touched my heart.
Is their someone around your neighborhood that could use a nice gift. Touch the ones around you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment