Matthew 6:24 "You can't worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you'll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other. You can't worship God and Money both."
I was led to this verse this morning.. read it one more time. Notice at the end it says money...it could say several others things, but it says MONEY. I think we live in the society that we have to have the best all the time and we have to beat others. We have to show off that new car, and that new purse along with our new clothes. And then we get so wrapped up with money that we forget that we don't pray to money, we don't bow down to money...we worship God.
This is really hard for me, I want money..I want a bigger car and new clothes...but guess what all in time. I don't need these things right now. I need a stronger relationship with God! That's what is going to get me to heaven...NOT MONEY.
No comments:
Post a Comment