Thursday, November 25, 2010

Do you underestimate him?

When we pray sometimes do we dress up our prayers to sound right to him and do we dress up our worship to appeal to His glory.   In Hebrews 4:16 the high Priest is calling out in pain.  We need to come to God boldly just like this priest.  We underestimate His mercies.

"Gratitude reminds us never to underestimate Him.  It reminds us of what He has done, what He has forgiven, and what He has promised.  It acknowledges who He is. And it sends us into His presence with joy." - Chris

The best way to show gratitude to God is to accept everything with Joy!  I think this is really hard but am so working on it.  Last Thursday night we were robbed.  I wanted to post on facebook AHAHAHH and all that drama but I didn't I just prayed and prayed.. our camera and GPS were stolen out of my car.  Yes it is my fault for leaving them in there.  But I had forgot.  I just prayed for the person who stole these items and prayed that God would change their hearts and convict them.  I have tried not to complain about this at all and just be happy that nothing else was taken.

We shouldn't hide things from God nor should we sugar coat things.  Always approach him with joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment