In my readings today I found something!! I have never heard this passage before........
Psalm 15:1-5
1"God, who gets invited to dinner at your place? How do we get on your guest list? 2"Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.3"Don't hurt your friend, don't blame your neighbor; despise the despicable. 4"Keep your word even when it costs you, make an honest living, never take a bribe. 5"You'll never get blacklisted if you live like this."
WOW! Is this not amazing! Yup this says it all! It's all right here.................
Good post, but I'm not a huge fan of The Message translation. Most versions say sanctuary, which is so much different than "dinner at your place." Little too conversational at the cost of an accurate translation.
ReplyDeleteBut hey, if you want recipes from the Bible, check out the bread recipe from Ezekiel 4:9-17. Pay close attention to the fuel needed to make the bread :)
My Bible is a contemporary version...and its really nice for me! Some times reading my NIV...I get lost in what the words really mean..its too much. So just chill out...LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm chilled out. I just think it's dangerous to read translations of the Bible where the original meaning gets changed in an effort to make it more readable.
ReplyDeleteDid you make any Ezekiel bread today?