Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mirror, Mirror on the wall---

Have you ever just looked at yourself in the mirror?  And then when you walked away you still really didn't know who you were?  This has happened to me several times in my life.  When in High School, I was always trying to figure out who I was and then after I thought I knew but I let sin in and pushed God away so my reflection wasn't so pretty.  However today I can look and know that I am on track with God...............
James Ch1 vs 23-24  Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.

I read the book of James this morning!  It's five chapters but its an eye opener for sure.

According to church traditions, James carried the nickname "Old Camel Knees" because of thick calluses built up on his knees from many of years of determined prayer.  Isn't that an amazing fact that you might not have know... well back to James. Out of my readings today I learned that if we separate faith and  works you get a corpse.  In Ch3 vs 7 it says: This is scary: You can tame a tiger, but you can't tame a tongue- it's never been done.  The tongue runs wild, a wanton killer.
With the same tongue you  bless your food with you are also talking trash about your neighbor with.  See the point.

Ch 4 is about getting serious and that we need to stop being spoiled children and that we should only ask for things that we have the right too.

Ch5 is mostly about prayer... but I think we are all guilty of prayer. Sometimes we pray for things but we really don't think God will be the one to deliver it.  We just ask and then we try to fix it ourselves.  In vs 13-15 it states that "Believing prayer will heal you"  so next you pray you should actually believe that God will take care of it.. Be patient

The last two verses are what stuck out to me the most... it says:
"My dear friends, if you know people who have wandered off from God's truth, don't write them off.  Go after them.  Get them back and you will have rescued precious lives from destruction and prevented an epidemic of wandering away from God.

Isn't that amazing..Don't give up on them...RUN AFTER THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment