Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Routines!

Let me fill you in on what happened today... my husband this morning said " I don't appreciate everything you do, so I have decided to do all the laundry for a whole week".  Well I was super excited however I have so much laundry because we had a busy weekend.... so the three HUGE piles were calling my name...

It has drove me nuts all day.... my routine would have been to do that today and instead I felt lost and didn't know what to do! I sat down during nap time and didn't move from this couch! This never happens in this house...

So that made me ask is always having a routine okay??  Do we have a routine for church? Do you have time with God outside of Sunday and Wednesday nights????

In Leviticus 9:1-25 we learn how a routine prepares us, helps us, unites us and purifies us.  A routine is okay as long as we have God in it!  Listening to a preacher for 25 minutes and not opening up your Bible again until next Sunday is not OKAY!  We need to get into the routine of spending time with God daily!  Now I am bad at this...there is some days that I just don't want to study to the word or I get so wrapped up with everything else going on that I run out of time.  But we make sure we have enough time for meals, jobs, kids and all those text messages so why can't we just make time in our routine for God!! Think about it..what can you get rid of today that will open the door for a little more time with God?????

1 comment:

  1. Making time for God is the hardest thing in the world for me. It shouldn't be, but it is. You are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete